[ITNOG] Fwd: [ncc-announce] Attack on RIPE NCC Access - Please Enable Two-Factor Authentication

Massimiliano Stucchi max@stucchi.ch
Gio 18 Feb 2021 17:03:28 CET

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [ncc-announce] Attack on RIPE NCC Access - Please Enable
Two-Factor Authentication
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 16:49:59 +0100
From: Ivo Dijkhuis <ivo.dijkhuis@ripe.net>
To: ncc-announce@ripe.net

Dear colleagues,

Last weekend, RIPE NCC Access, our single sign-on (SSO) service was
affected by what appears to be a deliberate ‘credential-stuffing’
attack, which caused some downtime. We mitigated the attack, and we are
now taking steps to ensure that our services are better protected
against such threats in the future.

Our preliminary investigations do not indicate that any SSO accounts
have been compromised. If we do find that an account has been affected
in the course of our investigations, we will contact the account holder
individually to inform them.

We would like to ask you to enable two-factor authentication on your
RIPE NCC Access account if you have not already done so to ensure that
your account is secure. In general, using two-factor authentication
across all your accounts can help limit your exposure to such attacks.

If you notice any suspicious activity in your RIPE NCC Access account,
please contact us immediately at <security@ripe.net>.

Best regards,

Ivo Dijkhuis
Senior Information Security Officer,